Tuesday, May 15, 2018

[MEMES] Hyelin would give you poop in your dream? OMG! Why?

Hi, international LEGGOs!

Today, I want to tell you about one of Korean culture, the old one.

At first, did you watch this '드립 drip fansign' video?
If you don't know what the '드립' is, check the article on this blog first.

OK. Let's watch this again.


[Original Video by News-Ade Youtube channel]


[Eng subs by "I love EXID" Youtube channel]
[08:01~ ]

As you can see, a fan told Hyelin to come over to a birthday party in her dream.
And Hyelin answered to that, 'I would give you poop in your dream.'

What the heck? We already know Hyelin's little... cute? (yeah, just let it slide)
But she seems little serious, right?
Because that's a thing from Korean culture.
Let me explain.

It's called '해몽(解夢)', pronounced as [haemong]. Basically, it's dream reading.
Since a long, long time ago, some kinds of dreams were explained as a prediction. I first assumed that this dream reading was from old China culture, but I googled a little, it turned out I was wrong. Someone says it's existed since old Greece like the Odyssey. And from one of the US TV shows I watched, a Colombian actress talked about her dream, which means bad omen in her hometown. So I guess it's really old, worldwide thing. Some of you may have heard about this.
And this is superstition, I may say. So I hope no one takes this too seriously.

So I just want to tell you some common dreams in Korea.
(This list is from Wikipedia and I added a little.)

In your dream,
  • stepping on poop, meaning 'good luck, fortune'
  • falling from a high place, meaning 'getting taller'
  • seeing a pig, meaning 'fortune, mostly about money'
  • yourself dying or killing someone, meaning 'good luck'
  • seeing dragon, tiger, fruit, flower or some mysterious things and got pregnant person around you, meaning 'expecting a baby and the baby's character'
  • being chased by someone or something, meaning 'failure, frustration'
  • killing yourself, meaning 'new start'

Do you like this? How about sharing common dream readings from your countries? It would be funny.

Thanks for reading! Bye!

-------------------------------
If you have any questions, like the things you don't have to know to understand the situation but you're curious about, feel free to leave your questions in the comments section!
Also, grammar corrections would be great.
Thank you for reading and keep supporting EXID!

No comments:

Post a Comment